Saturday, October 8, 2011

Stephen's Day At Ca Camone



Stephen's much anticipated cooking class with Ca Camone's, Chef, Jason, started with a rush of information. At the 'am class', like a professional, Stephen started responding, precisely measuring and weighing ingredients. He separated countless numbers of egg whites from their yolks. Abandoned egg shells piled high on the table whilst he beat, cooked and whisked ingredients. He was particularly intent on the tasks set. In his element I snapped several pictures to capture his memories. By 1:00pm, under Jason's stewardship Stephen had prepared a range of dishes. It will come as no surprise to those who know me that lemon tart is my preferred dessert so upon seeing the menu of tasks for the day I could hardly conceal my enthusiasm for Jason's choice for the evening's dolce. For me, like the scent of a perfumerie was the fragrance of freshly squeezed lemons that filled the villa's kitchen. Taste buds teased to their limits! At the end of the first lesson I was kindly invited to take lunch with Ashley, Jason and Stephen. The heat of the day drove us to seek the shade of the trees in the courtyard. Over lunch menus and recipes were discussed at great length. Following lunch a break was permitted until Stephen was scheduled to return at 4 o'clock to the villa's kitchen. He and four other guests had to complete the last dishes for the restaurant's Tuesday night's dinner.

1 comment:

  1. And how did they taste?? I love Lemon Tart too, hope it was worth the wait Kerry!

    ReplyDelete