Sunday, October 16, 2011

Milan Car Show


Stephen and I were out walking on Sunday morning when we stumbled upon a car show in the making. Cars of every vintage and model were entering the street barriers to park in their carefully selected categories. Vintage, police cars, driven by uniformed Caribanieri, assumed their places in the line up. A car able to travel both on the road and on the water piqued my interest as did the golf mobile. My favourite was the golf mobile, the name that I assigned it, since I was unaware of its correct title. Cars that I remember seeing in movies as a child outnumbered the contemporary models. Proud owners had polished metal until it shone in the morning's sun. Tyres were blacked and hoods opened to reveal gleaming engines. Motorbikes were included in the display and they too held appeal for onlookers.

No comments:

Post a Comment