Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Not Picasso

Painting can be therapeutic, painting can be colourful, painting can bring new life to a space and so it is the latter that I choose to do this morning. For some time the walls in our bedroom have been a dazzling white colour but I have trialled a new shade of white and it brings a subdued elegance to the room. The Antique White is so different when painted beside a true, brilliant white. Somehow the new shade introduces a subtle and refreshing change to the bedroom. I have sugar soaped the walls and cornices and am keen to see the remaining walls covered with the new paint. It has started to rain intermittently and the light is hazardous as it alters with the outside cloud cover. So I sit here and wait for the rain to pass and the cornices to dry to allow me to cut in the walls. The furniture has been pushed, shoved and coerced into temporary spaces to allow me to move freely about the walls. My plan is to have most of it completed to surprise Stephen when he comes home from work tonight. I hope that he will be pleased with the changes too. Rainshowers pass quickly and cornices dry fast so that I can get on with the job. Little disappointed that I only finished the top coat today as I really wanted everything completed.

1 comment:

  1. Anne,
    I read your comment on Ken's Blog.
    We have met both Ken and Walt on two previous trips to the Loire and think they are great guy with great blogs.
    Sue and I have enjoyed some great French and Italian wines on our travels but I love the Hunter wines as well. Hope to read more of your blogs in future. If you have time visit our blog.
    BTW - love your typically Australian header photo!
    Leon and Sue
    http://melbourneourhome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete