Thursday, December 23, 2010

T'was The Day Before Christmas

What is a typical Australian family Christmas? I guess that it depends on the family. News of when family is coming and going advised weeks ahead, schedules and menus planned. Flights arriving, flights departing. Trains coming and trains going. Bedrooms free, bedrooms booked. In my case, mowing done, hedges pruned, driveways swept, shopping stowed and front doors painted. Whew. The day's expectations are beginning to come together and lists ticked to show that all is ready. Racks of pork and chickens are slowly defrosting for tomorrow's luncheon. Last loads of washing hung to dry; hopefully to foil the anticipated Christmas day rain. Fridges are swollen to avoid shopping expeditions over the public holidays and I can sit down for a cuppa' but before I do I must mention that today at the supermarket I saw a shop assistant wearing a Santa suit that was really flash. I coveted that suit and jealously wished that I had one just like it. Sorry Santa, does that make me naughty or nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment