Saturday, December 18, 2010

To Do or Not to Do?

Some people cook, some people clean, some people shop to be ready for Christmas. Well, I plan to do all three. The morning coffee was taken on the terrace where plans were set afoot for the day. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Brisk walk by the river in town where it is hoped that we can pick up some croissants at the Vietnamese bakery, for breakfast on Christmas morning. I have to have some bribes after I wake the family. A short debate re freshness and all that before deciding that supermarkets kept croissants in their freezer section so we could too. Next item on the agenda - to pick a Christmas gift for each other. Too difficult to know what since we usually buy what we need throughout the year. First things first, clean the porch, poison the weeds, do the washing before going into town. Am I in the mood for Christmas yet? Possibly not, so keep going. Mop the tiles, now that's a buzz. But better than moping. As I sit and write my blog I note that the refrigerator is cluttered with messages dating back a year so until now I hadn't considered this to be a task to get ready for Christmas. However, given the visitors and the need to refrigerate everything in this weather probably not a bad idea to sort the accumulated reminders of appointments long past and telephone numbers of people now phoned. To do or not to do? I'll do. What do you do to get ready for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment