Monday, December 20, 2010

Hero For A Day


Today is the beginning of the end. Yay!!! The tilers are here. How wonderful. I've hoovered the gyprock dust thinking that that might impress them; not realising that they were to be laying concrete over the floor anyway. As I type two tilers are busy tiling the floor today. One tiler, Rick has hero status for he managed to remove the doors to the en suite despite all the years of accumulated layers of paint that I had applied over the hinges. I think that the task was really challenging for the hinges did not give up their screws without a fight. The other tiler, Dan managed to keep the front door open despite the broken door closing mechanism. Today is obviously my lucky day. However, I must type on, for I am so excited to see the stacks of tiles disappearing from the floor space in my bedroom. Empty tile boxes litter the carpet. What a beautiful sight. Both men have promised to return tomorrow when they will grout the floor and tile the walls and the face of the bath. It is starting to look a lot like Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment