Friday, December 3, 2010

Doors and Halls

Soon it will be Christmas and behind these hall doors there will be family soundly sleeping. On Christmas morning I usually wake around 4:ooam and hope that everyone will join me at the Christmas Tree. In years gone by I often sadly sat and waited alone so I felt the need to gently rouse my family members from their slumber. When they were younger the saucepan and the odd wooden spoon assisted to gently nudge them to a wakeful state. Now days they threaten death and worse if I dare to even consider waking them. It is not the same. I am ready, Santa suit in its bag waiting for its annual airing. I don't need as much pillow as I once did but that's okay. I believe that I now have a more natural Santa-like expression and demeanour. The Christmas breakfast table will have been set on Christmas Eve in order to be ready for the traditional croissants from the Vietnamese bakery.

No comments:

Post a Comment