Thursday, October 14, 2010

Nabonne

Nabonne is where I am right now. I had forgotten where I was and had to ask Stephen. At that point I thought that it was time for chillin' so I ran an enormous bath and I don't even feel guilty about all of the water that I used. After arriving in Nabonne we parked the car and headed to the square where we'd been advised that we'd find some good restaurants until check in. Short walk to the square and we opted for a restaurant with street views. People came and went and the street and square hummed with sounds of commercial activity. Salade again for me and some pasta for Stephen with a little bottle of red wine to share. So restful. It was peaceful sitting and watching the world walk or ride by until we heard the now familiar sounds of whistles, singing and shouting young people. Flags waving and loud haler blaring a group of protesters marched into the square up to the steps and forecourt of the Hotel de Ville. The singing was tuneful and the students particularly enthusiastic in sharing their message. We ate and watched. Police cars parked and police gathered and stood at a respectful distance from the assembled group. Lunch finished we strolled down the mall to find that a huge marche stretched along the road adjacent to the canal and even across the bridge. Canal boats motored calmly upstream so a photo op for Stephen while I checked out the marche wares. Seeing the boats reminded us of our own boating trip in France in 2008. Blogging attended to and now it is time for another outing in order to explore Nabonne before we leave tomorrow for Sete. Stephen told me that we can dip our toes into the Mediterranean! Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment