Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Going Home -

Goodbye, France. We are in the home stretch. It was minus one degree in Fontainebleau this morning. A brisk walk through the garden and grounds of the chateau we didn't even raise a sweat before departing from our hotel. After battling traffic and long waits in merge lanes we arrived at Charles de Gaulle Airport just before midday. Two hours to travel fifty kilometres. Queues to enter last minute service stations were so long that it was not wise to even consider joining them so we left the rental car in the parking lot. The tank has what is has. Our last memory of France will be positive! Keys checked. Taxi summoned and we were on our way to the Radisson Blu. Lunch in the restaurant, yes, great idea. I am sitting here reflecting on how much we have seen and learnt from our visit. France, its people and its deep history have enriched our lives. Tomorrow we will fly home. During our visit we were surprised that so many people thought us to be Italian. My command of Italian is so much worse than my appalling French so I am glad for Italy that I am Australian. My apologies to all Italians. If greeted with Bongornio we responded similarly and with a smile so as not to offend. Packing is almost complete. Flight will be long so I expect that the limo ride home may offer some time to cat nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment