Friday, June 18, 2010

Who lives down the lane?


Major's Lane Restaurant is fast becoming our favourite place to dine. The restaurant walls showcase fascinating art; the work of a local artist. Each painting is filled with colour and seemingly celebrates the dining experience. The art welcomes and sets the mood so convincingly. Last night we were treated to the new winter menu. It is one that reflects the need to warm from within. I usually order the duck but last night the wagyu, beef cheek was too tempting. Hence, my selection but I rush too quickly past the warm, bread rolls and the tasting canapes of trout and horseradish cream. As I dallied with the idea of dessert I was foregoing entree. This was to my regret as the others who had chosen did so very well. I promised myself that next time I would order the prawns on a bed of gnocchi too. The atmosphere was definitely friendly and the service exemplary. I love the linen table- cloths too. Too many restaurants overlay their tables with paper and it is pleasing to note that Major's Lane Restaurant is not one of them. I'll not reveal all of the choices as I think that part of the dining event is discovering what's on the menu. My main was so tender that a knife was not necessary. Each of us was pleased with our selection. Menus reappeared for as I mentioned earlier there were new desserts to peruse. Visualise, chocolate pudding, cherries, salted peanut iceream and double cream. Tasted delicious. Delicate presentation, just right. To conclude, bite size, dark chocolates with creamy centres. Who made all of this possible? A fine team:wait staff and chefs. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment