Monday, June 7, 2010

Home Alone

I'm home alone as no one else has come home from work yet. I think that I'll cook dinner and surprise everyone. Lots of ingredients in the refrigerator but I can't decide what I feel like so I'll add a bit of this and lots of that. To begin, sweated the onion. That looked okay so I added some potatoes (still in their jacket.) Next, in went some cubed pumpkin and some carrot rounds. Looks good so far but need some protein. Added some chicken breast, roughly cut into chunks. Colour seems to be a little overwhelmed with orange. Keep adding. Found some red capsicum for the red slithered effect. Not bad but still too much orange. Button mushrooms cut into halves plonked on top. The stack is growing in size. Soy sauce and Triadic sauce. This injects some salt into the pan. Colour is developing now. Green is needed. Should I add herbs or the English spinach? Wish Stephen was here to advise me. He would know exactly what I should include. I'm thinking carefully about this now as I want to impress. There is a whole pumpkin sitting on the kitchen bench - a bargain at the local supermarket. Trouble is that I am concerned that there is already too much pumpkin in my creation. Green beans - wonder if they'll do? Could snip some flat parsley from the garden just before serving. That might do. If a picture appears in my blog then you know that dinner was a success. No picture - hmmmm. Fill in the blanks for yourself. Whoops, probably need some rice to go with it. Have bread. Back from checking the pan. Dinner may take hours. All the vegetables are still rock hard. By the way, I have included a random snap of the dining room just in case you are not impressed with my attempt at cooking dinner. Changed my mind. Made bow pasta instead of the rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment