Saturday, June 26, 2010

Things That Go Bump In The Bathroom


Over dinner tonight I had an epiphany. I'll not have an ensuite anymore! I'll soon have a bathroom. Not sure what the concise Oxford Dictionary says about bathrooms but I believe that I'll soon be able to call my ensuite by another name for today the timber framing was screwed into place to support the bath. It was exciting to see the frame and then test its accuracy by filling the space with the bath (only temporarily). I can now begin to see myself sitting in the bath and looking out through the foliage at the garden and pool below. Too scared to stand or sit in the bath yet as the concrete to support it has not been poured. I think that the plumber will do that for us. However, just seeing that the bath is seated well in its frame is a good feeling. It is such a confined work environment but somehow Stephen has managed to fit it right under the enormous window that I sought as a Christmas gift. If you think that's strange last year for my birthday I asked for the toilet and the bath. The shower screen stands stoically in the pool room waiting for its big unveiling while the towel racks and tap fittings are hidden under my bed. Boxes of tiles are stacked in front of the pool table so no one will be playing pool for some time yet. Wonder what I'll ask for next? Perhaps I'll ask the neighbours as I can see most of ther yard from the bath. Wonder if they'll be able to see me? Tomorrow we'll unbox the loo and ...

No comments:

Post a Comment