Sunday, June 5, 2011

I Like Surprises


Mudgee was such an unexpected treat! How does one show their appreciation? In my case, some consider me to be a little bit of pyromaniac, so first item of business; get the fire crackling in the hearth. Presto the cottage was even considerate enough to provide laminated instructions for that very purpose. As if I needed instructions. None-the-less, possibly, for the uninitiated, a wise idea. Stephen shopped for our dinner as the flames gently wound their way along the kindling and logs in the fireplace thus bringing a subtle, flickering, fire-light to the afternoon. We each did what we do well. Another thing I do when we are away is morning coffee. At home we never have coffee in bed but when we are away it is a special treat. Wine, red of course, from home discretely packed into my bag as a surprise to go with dinner. With both of us were not too well, the notion of wine tasting was best left for another occasion. The right ingredients for a cosy retreat to heal body and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment