Saturday, July 2, 2011

It's Probably Genetic

When one of your daughters does the ironing in pearls and stilettos there are those who know me think that it is probably a genetic inheritance issue. Saturday was a day for observing family. What makes a family tick? Is it the shared words and actions or more simply nurture verses nature? I do consider it important to dress smartly; especially since a young girl on her horse asked me to stand up from under the enormous sombrero that I was wearing to shade from the sun whilst weeding. She explained politely and succinctly that her horse didn't know what I was and I was spooking it as she made her way down the street for her horse riding lesson. Could I please stand and allow the horse to see who or what I was crouched by the garden bed? Never let it be said that I would not comply with such a sensible request and allowed a horse to throw its mount. I guess then that I should not be alarmed or surprised that a daughter dresses to impress when ironing but I am resolute about horses and I did not see one in the loungeroom where she was ironing. No need for pearls and stilettos needed here. This brings me back to my original question-What makes a family tick? All answers most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment