Thursday, May 20, 2010

Winter's Coming

Comfort food is what we seek as the weather grows colder and the nights seem darker; especially without street lights. I wanted a pie for dinner. Quick email to check if we had enough meat defrosting at home. Yes, the immediate response. So planning was underway. Arrived home much later and was set to start prepping for the much longed for pie. Stack of vegetables awaiting the chop so to speak and I began in earnest. Peeled and diced carrots until Stephen begged me to stop. Onion, mushroom and potatoes were next to feel the blade. What's that? Telephone and it's for me. Vegetable mountains arranged according to colour couldn't hold my attention. The phone was ringing loudly. What's that, you want me to log on so that Dad can talk to me online? You've organised all of the technology at that end. Okay, can do. Did do. Laptop connection was a little slow and signal weak so their connection kept dropping out. I kept sending chat messages but not many answers checked back. I can hear the onion frying, meat too. Stephen is busy in the kitchen. Returned to the kitchen post technology intervention to see Stephen carving the pastry decoration for the top of the now blind, baked, pie pastry filled with meat and vegetables. Sesame seeds sprinkled on top. He'd spared no expense. This was to be a night of comfort food pie. I wanted a picture for my blog. Could he organise that too? What a good man! So blog here is my pie. Are you hungry? Hoping that there will be leftovers for tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment