Friday, May 21, 2010

Muffins and ...


I had cleared the walks of Autumn leaves and swept the porch. I was cold, so something warm for lunch hmmmmm. Stephen had already baked blueberry muffins for morning tea. Katherine had visited the muffins as they sat cooling on the wire rack. A light, warm lunch seemed like a good idea as we were to be dining out tonight. I'd picked the Major's Lane restaurant at Lovedale as it cooks my favourite dish, just the way I like. Sadly, I must wait for that duck until tonight. Back to lunch arrangements. Red onion was diced and truss tomatoes chopped. The mixture was gently combined with oil and mixed before being spooned over the bread rounds that had crisped in the oven. Every time I eat this for lunch I am reminded of Italy and lunch at the abbey and all the other days after that that I chose Bruschetta from the menu. Simple, quick and tasty. Cappuccino, soon,not yet. I'll wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment