Friday, March 19, 2010

Renovations!




Today Stephen and Christopher are starting the renovations on the en suite. They plan to erect some scaffolding outside so that they can access the window and wall that need to be removed. The new window is designed to allow one to sit in the bath and take in the view. Not sure what view the neighbour will have but I guess that time will tell. It is my intention to create a photo essay of the happenings. Since neither Stephen or Christopher has renovated a bathroom before I am sure that the entire experience will be most interesting.
Just popped out to snap some before images so that the after pictures will remind me why we embarked on this madness.
Tiles are off the wall, loo paper holder is sitting on a chair and I have a hole window. No, not a typo but really just a hole not a whole window. Planning ... forgot to order the 'Skip' for the rubble so I have filled buckets and a crate until overflowing. I feel confident that the rest of the job will go smoothly. Off to the phone book to find a Skip hire.
The window is in! I can sit on the toilet and look out the window. However, there is a problem with that at the moment in that everyone can see me in the bathroom as we haven't finished relocating the shower and toilet yet. When it is finished I can imagine sitting in the bath and enjoying the garden view.

No comments:

Post a Comment