Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Friends, Fun and Food







My husband likes to cook while I prefer to choose the napkins, flowers and candles to greet our many guests. Tables reflect the mood or food of the occasion. Sometimes formal, sometimes casual depending on the fare. Each of us compiles our mental list; what to serve and what to drink to ensure the mix is right. To begin I like to share a platter or savoury nibbles, cheeses or raw vegetables topped with pate. Soft, soft music too. Chatter and wine. I prefer Merlot or Shiraz but bubbles too can be fun, especially when it's warm. The glasses reflect the lights of night as they nestle on the table between guest and host. Gentle sips to test the flavours of the grape. I know not the special terms or words to say but I do know what I like. Roses, fruits, oak and earth may escape the glasses' rim and waft so delicately that one can be persuaded to make a simple comment.
At times we dine outside to partake the view of garden, pool and porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment