Friday, May 17, 2013

Thank you

At Lillino's I've developed a passion for the many traditional, Sardinian recipes. If it's not the gnocchi or the homemade pasta. then it's the panacotta that invites me back each week. In the warmer months I favour the Insalata Mista or the bruschetta to begin the dining experience. As the nights have grown cooler it's the pasta or risotto that I prefer. I usually follow with a chalkboard special. Sometimes the fish of the day but on Thursday evening my preference was definitely the veal. The finest slices of veal bathed in  a sauce featuring slivers of fresh mushrooms; so tasty. However, last night was also tinged with a little sadness, for a very familiar personality packs his bags and heads home. Talga Road had been his home away from home for many months. Rome now beckons and he must go. He left a parting legacy for a few fortunate customers. Wonder who will the last to savour the pasta that he made prior to his departure. Thank you. It was a pleasure meeting you. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment