Saturday, May 11, 2013

Out and About - Leogate ... Hunter Valley

As you enter Leogate's Cellar Door you are immediately struck by the calm elegance.  Stunning overhead lighting, a large open fire, leather seating and striking drapery that gently puddles at each window, welcomes the visitor. Large, display cabinets of fine jewellery invite closer inspection. Then I remember that I have ventured past roadworks and large machines to taste the wines offered at the bar. The bar unabashedly dressed in panels of silver now beckons. I am handed a glass of the sparkling Chardonnay that I sip as I stroll to take in the other elements in the room. Shelves stocked with produce arranged in jars and bottles designed to tempt the palate, to make a purchase. Sarah, cites the qualities of each wine that follows. We continue to taste. We make purchases. In the near future I look forward to returning and tasting from the restaurant's tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment