Saturday, August 6, 2011

Spots and Stripes


How exciting to see the cushions on the now capped, retaining wall. How far should one go when it comes to cushions for outside use? I'd like to think that any cushions would do but those who know me well would suggest that coordination factor is critical. Essential! With all the cushions that we own I wanted to see the visual appeal, once arranged. What combinations have the greatest impact? I have cushions with stripes and some with spots while others were purchased for inside? Dilemma; I have 10 that work well together but I need another 10. So much time has past since initial purchase matching is probably not going to happen when I shop for more. Don't even want to consider the word eclectic as far as fabric choices and design are concerned. I want this to look just right. I have Stephen sitting on the bench as I seek his input. I realise that he possibly is more rational and believes that it is 'just a cushion.' However, his patience is noted and appreciated as he sits resting after another really arduous day in the garden for both of us. From the cushioned seating and for my feet to touch the ground I have to sit on the lowest point in the whole wall. Go figure. Today I rediscovered how short I am. You think that I would remember that sort of thing. Perhaps I should only invite really tall people to come to visit and sit and enjoy the view with me; otherwise, as host, I may have to give them my preferred seat. My estimate is that at the tallest end of the wall that only people over 6 feet will be able to sit with their feet on the ground. Next, I'll probably need to consider the offer of additional little steps for those like myself, to reach the dizzying heights. When does it stop or is it all about the view?

No comments:

Post a Comment