Saturday, August 14, 2010

Woonona Called In

Michelle and Lindy made the epic trip to the Hunter today. It has been too long between visits. The day was warm and the sun was shining brilliantly. Platters of olives, pate, stuffed bell peppers, pita bread, goat's cheese, Chorizo sausage, dried apricots/strawberries, mini toasts, scrubbed brie, hommus, Prosecco, smoked salmon, ... So good to catch up after so long. Tea, biscuits and chocolates to finish the luncheon event. Stephen has commenced his preparations for a Moroccan dinner later tonight. I have cut fresh mint for the salad. The table is set and I am beginning my blog. Rick Stein's food show is on Austar. What could be better? I am told that we are to have a South Australian, red wine with this evening's meal. Oops! I just remembered that I am making dessert. While I'm doing that take a look at Michelle's biscuits. Back again; my dessert prepped. Puff pastry logs topped with pastry art deco and sprinkles of raw sugar. Later these were filled with caramel and double cream. All served with fresh strawberries, blueberries, a round of dark chocolate and ice cream. Lightly dusted with icing sugar and hey presto.

No comments:

Post a Comment