Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Egg Test

I have just been told by our house guests and Stephen that I am to be the egg, taste tester this morning. Basically, Lindy is going to make me my weekend poached egg breakfast alongside of Stephen. Both will be cooking an egg for me; one using traditional methods and the other the microwave. I am expected to determine which procedure delivers the best taste to my palette. Stephen has kindly prepared poached eggs for me each weekend for as long as I can remember. Just to make it interesting, the eggs are free range and home grown by our guests. I can hear their conversation as I type this. However, I am being called to assist in the process. Lindy requested a blindfold. One was located, believe it or not? The test was underway. Could I see through the blindfold? I had a worrying concern. The man who I love cooks me eggs every weekend. What will happen to my future breakfasts should I offend him? Photographer in place. Scientific controls; check. Finding my egg was a problem as the blindfold really was effective. This could be a no win dilemma. Hmm. Egg at 3 o'clock must be the real egg. Try egg at 9 o'clock. Well let me tell you couldn't find eggs at either 3 or 9 o'clock without the assistance of Michelle. By the way hope that she does not become someone's carer. I had egg all over my fingers at one point. Are you sure was the question posed? Do you want to change that opinion? Should have guessed that I was being prompted to reconsider my perspective. Was that a hint? In truth, I liked both. Home grown flat parsley was fine too. After the test results Stephen celebrated his win and he ate the remaining egg. Some days you just get lucky. Thank you Lindy and Stephen; my eggs were delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment