Monday, July 19, 2010

Dinner in July




The 19th of July was my mother's birthday and although she past away many years ago I spend a thought for her today as she died just three days before her 61st birthday. My mum was a person who was always cooking so she would have loved the dinner that we shared with our neighbours tonight. Helen and John had prepared a six course dinner for us and two other couples. Each course had been carefully planned and accompanied by a fine selection of wines. Presentation was meticulous. Thank you Helen and John. An amazing feast of delightful flavours. It is good to meet new people and break bread. My love of people, entertaining and food comes from my mum.

2 comments:

  1. The kitties and I are jealous. Charlotte has only eaten 3 times today plus licked a bowl of Michael's but she can fit in six courses no worries, just send an invite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my food looks so beautiful ...Michael ( Kirstys No. one) are you impressed?? lols great photography but let me say since it was your Mums anniversary Kez maybe that's why it went so much like a dream for me - I loved our evening together and so did our friends..we were on a winner! Thanks for being part of it ! Huggs

    ReplyDelete