Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bastille Dinner


Tonight Anne, Gary, Stephen and I are off to the vineyards to Jeni and Alain's home for the annual Bastille Dinner. It promises to be an evening of interesting company and fine French style delicacies. Everyone is expected to dress in the colours of the French flag. This usually results in some surprising wardrobe choices. To prepare, Stephen and I visited Dan as in Murphy to purchase a French wine to accompany our dinner. I shall continue to mouth the words of the French National anthem as I have in the past. The tune is catchy it is the words that I am yet to master. As long as I stand when everyone else does and raise my glass in a toast to France and the republic I hope that no one notices. The anthem is traditionally sang late in the night's proceedings so if the consumption of French wine matches our enthusiasm to celebrate Bastille and all things French I expect to go undetected again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment