Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Secrets

I have a secret. It is not a big secret. But as secrets go it's best to keep this secret. 
You see, one Saturday morning I was happily working in the garden when I took a call on the telephone. The caller asked if I could come for a visit as she had a little problem. The caller knew my secret. What the caller wanted to know was it possible for me to pack my secret costume and to come for a sleepover. I considered the offer. What payment or enticement was the caller offering for my services? How many people would be in attendance? Did the caller have any specific requests while I wore my costume? Next problem, what would my husband think? How would he feel about the request? He was aware of my secret costume sitting in its plain, brown, paper bag in the wardrobe. Would he accompany me and make the three hour journey to the mountains so that I could wear my secret costume? Did he want me to say no, not this time? When I asked him he smiled a knowing smile and said, "Tell her that we are on our way. We can be there a little after lunch."
My secret costume has travelled far and wide since that first time. It has been to Queensland, to my workplace, Katoomba and even a local hotel. Another Christmas. Another occasion to wear my secret costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment