Saturday, April 28, 2012

St Clements Estate Dining

On a Friday night when you need to pamper yourself after a long working week one should consider making the short trip to St Clements. Who wants to cook after an 11 hour day at work? Not me and no one else did either. No resistance and a quick call to St Clements and we were on our way to dinner. New menu options plus a treat courtesy of the new chef, Frederico. Toasty warm inside in this cooler weather so greatly appreciated. Usual glass of 2005, Shiraz for me and beer for Stephen and Sam. Bread, while we waited for our entrees. Prawns were my choice for the evening, Sam had a salad and Stephen the cheese, pear and honey. All three of us chose lamb but two the back strap and Sam the ragu. Luigi spoilt us with a clean skin, bottled very recently but so smooth that it tasted like my puff pastry, caramel, fingers. Not ready to sell yet. Luigi, the suspense! Already so mellow; can't imagine how well it will develop in coming months. A blend that will intrigue the most discerning wine buff. I remind myself, be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment