Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Muse Dining

Last weekend Stephen and I wanted to have a quiet lunch in the vineyards. Somewhere different. As we made our way to Pokolbin we decided to try the Muse Cafe at 1 Broke Road. What a great choice. We had recently dined at the restaurant but it had been several years since we dined at the cafe.The cellar door tasting area had changed considerably from previous visits. The open area was now more definite in its function and purpose. The cellar's bar suggested simple elegance. I had not remembered the views from the tables in the cafe. The inside - outside seating allowed diners to feel at one with the vista and garden sculptures. Service at the Muse cafe was exceptional as was the menu. Before leaving home I had expressed a desire to locate a restaurant or cafe offering duck as one of its menu options. I was pleased to discover that duck was indeed available. However, I rush, as Stephen and I first shared a plate of Turkish bread and a selection of dips. A most generous serving. For entree I savoured scallops and thence, my duck for mains. A Tulloch's red,wine our preferred drink on that occasion.  The Kester has become one of our favourites so our lunch event was a relaxed and particularly agreeable moment in our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment