Friday, February 11, 2011

Is this a Chandon moment?

In 2009 I asked for a toilet and a bathtub for my birthday. Christmas that same year I requested a large window. In between times shower heads, taps, a screen and a vanity were added to my list of can I please have ...? A momentous occasion for me today when the toilet was flushed for the first time. It didn't leak. Not exactly. It was a short time later that the puddle of water was detected by the home DIY plumber. But not to worry for after a little tightening here and there and it is now fully functional. As I type I hear drilling so I can only speculate as to what is being installed. Perhaps the robe hooks, the towel rails of the TP holder. It doesn't matter. That drilling sound is like music to my ears. Not the dirge that I play on my IPod; real melodic noise that which only a drill can make on freshly hung tiles. This calls for a picture and is possibly in poor taste but it is difficult to curb my enthusiasm and excitement. What a privilege. To be able to use the new fittings while looking out on my garden and the pool. A sprinkle of rain enhances the ceremony, almost like a christening or should I reserve that for my first bath? With this view it was certainly worth the wait. Tomorrow the bath will sit in its beautifully prepared cavity. The tiles now grouted welcome its arrival. I also appreciate that those who read this may deem my life to be less than bustling when I display such emotion and affection for a loo! Sad but true. I still have the bottle of chilled Moet sitting in the fridge. A left over from last weekend. Moet, Chandon means a serious celebration is on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment