Friday, October 19, 2012

Hiddenvale to Spicer's Peak

We left Spicer's Hiddenvale and travelled for some time before exiting the highway that was to reveal the sign for Spicer's Peak. It is at the end of a steep, winding, climb that you will find The Peak. The highest non alpine resort in the Southern Hemisphere. That little bit of trivia does not prepare one for the world within its gates. Greeted at the door, luggage retrieved and spirited away to our rooms whilst drink orders were taken. I sipped my wee drop of red by the log fire, not the grand piano so as not to confuse others. Sadly, I have no musical talent what-so-ever! Over the next few hours other wedding guests made their way to the doors too. Some took in the view while others checked out the pool table. A number of us sought the coffee lounge to sip bubbles or beer before lunch. Lunch suggested an Italian concept with long tables dressed under the vine clad pergola. White linen bedecked the tables in readiness for a sumptuous buffet; the perfect meal for convivial chat and banter. More bubbles or beer before whisking off to the day spa for a massage. This moment in my agenda ensured that I would be well rested and relaxed for the days ahead. The wedding schedule so neatly typed and tied with ribbon was left on my bed along with tasty treats so that I may plan my day's activities and fully enjoy all of the celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment