Saturday, March 10, 2012

All Fired Up



With Picasso the library cow put to bed it was time for me to hit the road to a little gallery in Bull Street, Cook's Hill. What a coincidence. Artistic zeal from the workplace cows to the art space bulls. The show was entitled 'Firing The Imagination' and it featured the work of seven ceramicists. Driving up we noticed that the gathering was so large that they had spilled onto the pavement with their wine and nibbles. The official opening was made by Claire Williams-Faculty Director Creative Industries, Hunter TAFE. It was obvious that she understood the pieces exhibited and spoke admirably of each artist. My best friend Anne had entered a number of pieces but it is fair to say that Stephen saw her mugs and immediately declared, 'If you want to get me something for my Birthday please get me those mugs.' The set of four coffee mugs had a quirky nature a little in keeping with his. Money in hand I purchased a red spot to be proudly displayed alongside that set of mugs. Stephen was already discussing how dinner guests might respond when presented their coffee in such mugs. No I will not show the mugs for that would spoil the surprise for our next dinner guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment